Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cake
One of the great benefits of living in Amish country is the availability of their tried and proven baking products. I have learned from them…
One of the great benefits of living in Amish country is the availability of their tried and proven baking products. I have learned from them that Dutch cocoa is better for recipes.
Dutch cocoa has a cocoa butter content of about 22 percent. Cocoa should be stored in a cool, dry area.
This recipe will use up some more of those “ever-bearing” zucchini in your garden. To make this recipe even healthier, use organic sugar, canola oil and dark chocolate chips.
Please email me at email@example.com with your comments.
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa (preferably Dutch cocoa)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp. pure vanilla
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups grated zucchini (with skin on)
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two loaf pans with oil. Lightly dust with flour.
2. Sift all dry ingredients together and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until fluffy. Add oil and vanilla. Beat again.
4. Gradually add dry ingredients and beat until blended well. Do not over-mix.
5. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pans.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and run butter knife around outside of pan to loosen edges. Let sit in pan for 20 minutes before removing. Cool completely on wire rack.
8. Using a sifter, dust with powdered sugar, slice and serve. Enjoy.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.