Gillled Vegetables With Southwest Pasta
Grilled fresh vegetables are a wonderful addition to pasta dishes. This recipe has a Southwestern marinade, but any salad dressing will work too. Just brush…
Grilled fresh vegetables are a wonderful addition to pasta dishes. This recipe has a Southwestern marinade, but any salad dressing will work too. Just brush the marinade over vegetables while grilling them.
Enjoy your summer vegetables tastefully while eating healthy.
Email me at email@example.com.
Ingredients for marinade:
1/2 cup white wine
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbs. canned chilies, minced
2 Tbs. brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cumin seeds
1/3 cup chopped cilantro sprigs
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
Ingredients for dish:
12 asparagus spears
2 summer squash
1 small zucchini
1 red onion
1/2 cup cilantro sprigs
4 oz. gorgonzola cheese crumbles
1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
8 oz. dried bow tie pasta (or your favorite)
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut vegetables in 1 1/2-inch pieces.
2. Stir marinade ingredients together and pour over vegetables. Marinade at least 1 hour.
3. Prepare the grill and grill vegetables over medium heat. While cooking, brush a little more marinade on vegetables. Save the remaining marinade.
All of the above steps may be done in advance.
4. Combine the gorgonzola and cilantro. Set aside.
5. Bring 4 quarts of water to rolling boil, lightly salt water and cook pasta according to box directions.
6. After draining pasta and using the same cooker, add 2 Tbs. olive oil. When oil is hot, add grilled vegetables. Add the pasta and reserved marinade. Stir until combined and heated.
7. Sprinkle gorgonzola, cilantro and pumpkin seeds on top. Serve and enjoy.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.