HONEY PECAN GLAZED HAM
Many of you will be serving ham for your Christmas dinner. This recipe is a glaze for ham that is easy and delicious. Enjoy the…
Many of you will be serving ham for your Christmas dinner. This recipe is a glaze for ham that is easy and delicious.
Enjoy the time spent with family and friends and take a few minutes to relax and just savor the moment.
Email me at email@example.com if you have any questions. Have a very merry Christmas.
10-12 lb. ham (I always prefer bone-in ham)
1 cup brown sugar, packed
3 Tbs. spicy brown mustard
1/4 cup honey
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Heat oven to 325 degrees; line a roasting pan with heavy duty foil.
1. With a paring knife, score about 1/4 inch deep and 1 inch apart lines to create cracks for the glaze and pecans. Then, turn ham and score in opposite direction, so that it creates a diamond effect on the ham.
2. Place ham on a piece of foil large enough to loosely wrap, but still holds in liquids. Do not crimp edges of foil to the pan, but to each other loosely.
3. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
4. Make the glaze with remaining ingredients, except pecans. Stir constantly over medium heat until brown sugar is dissolved and glaze begins to bubble. Add pecans.
5. After 1 hour and 30 minutes, spread the glaze over top of ham. Cook for an additional 20 minutes.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.