Strawberry Pie With Pretzel Crust
It is not that easy to find good strawberries this time of year. I recently found some from Mexico that were nice and sweet.This is…
It is not that easy to find good strawberries this time of year. I recently found some from Mexico that were nice and sweet.
This is a strawberry pie I make in the winter when I cannot get locally grown strawberries. It is a winter dessert that makes you think of summer.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you like it. Happy Valentine’s Day
Ingredients for crust:
1 1/4 cups crushed pretzels (crushed fine)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup boiling water
1 package of strawberry flavored gelatin (small box)
1 tsp. grated lime peel
1/4 cup lime juice
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
2 cups strawberries, crushed slightly
Chocolate bar for shavings
1. In medium bowl, mix crust ingredients. Press firmly into bottom and sides of 9-inch pie pan. Bake on 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes to set. Cool crust.
2. In a large bowl, pour boiling water into gelatin and stir until dissolved. Stir in lime peel and lime juice and refrigerate for about 1 hour until thick, but not set.
3. Beat gelatin mixture with mixer on high speed for about 4 minutes until thick and fluffy. Set aside.
4. Beat whipping cream and confectioner’s sugar on high speed until peaks form. (I use a metal bowl that has been chilled or surrounded with ice).
5. Fold whipped cream into berries and gelatin mixture. Pour onto crust.
6. Refrigerate about 8 hours or until set. Garnish with chocolate shavings. Enjoy.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.