History tells us that today's chickens are descendants of wild fowl that roamed the jungles of Asia. Thousands of years later, King Henry IV stated…
History tells us that today’s chickens are descendants of wild fowl that roamed the jungles of Asia. Thousands of years later, King Henry IV stated in his coronation speech that he “hoped each peasant in his realm would have a chicken in his pot every Sunday.” This was a quote paraphrased by Herbert Hoover.
Certainly, chicken has gained its popularity through the years, as there are literally thousands of ways it can be prepared. Baking chicken has been accepted as the healthier way to prepare chicken. This recipe is easy and I think you will like the Ritz cracker breading.
Email me at email@example.com and let me know.
CRISPY CHEDDAR CHICKEN
4 large chicken breasts (I usually buy the “hormone free”)
2 sleeves of Ritz crackers
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup milk
3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 can cream of chicken soup (14 oz.)
2 Tbs. sour cream
2 Tbs. butter, melted
Preheat oven to 400 degree.
1. Cut each chicken breast into three large chunks.
2. In food processor (or by hand) grind Ritz crackers.
3. Pour milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small bowls. Toss the salt and pepper into cracker crumbs and stir to combine.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk, then the cheese and last the cracker crumbs.
5. Spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray or line with foil and spray foil.
6. Lay chicken in pan and sprinkle parsley on chicken.
7. Cover the pan with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the top foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until browned and crispy.
8. For Sauce: Combine the sour cream and chicken soup with butter and whisk.
Stir on medium heat until sauce is hot throughout. Serve over chicken.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.