American Red Cross blood donors must be at least 17 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds and be in good health. Donors may give…
American Red Cross blood donors must be at least 17 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds and be in good health. Donors may give every 56 days and must bring some form of photo identification and a list of all current medications.
The Northern Ohio Blood Services Region currently has an urgent need for blood donors. All types are needed, specifically Type O Negative.
For more information about confirming blood drive information, donating blood or making an appointment, call 1-800-GIVE-LIFE (1-800-448-3543) or visit the Red Cross website at www.redcrossdonor.org. If you are interested in donating platelets, call 1-800-356-3339.
• May 8, Bainbridge Town Hall, 17826 Chillicothe Road, Chagrin Falls, 1-7 p.m. Double Reds available.
• May 10, Joe’s Vinyl Window Shop, 15020 Shedd Road, Burton, 1-8 p.m. Double Reds available.
• May 11, Church of St Mary, 401 North St., Chardon, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Double Reds available.
• May 13, First United Methodist Church, 14999 South State St., Middlefield, 1-6 p.m. Double Reds available.
• May 15, Munson Town Hall, 12210 Auburn Road, Chardon, 1-6 p.m.
Blood Pressure Screenings
Lake Health will offer free blood pressure checks at the Chardon Campus, 510 Fifth Ave., from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday.
2014 Immunization Clinics
The Geauga County General Health District offers walk-in immunization clinics for children and adolescents through the age of 18. Due to federal legislation, vaccines can no longer be offered free to anyone who has health insurance coverage, including Medicaid. Residents must present an immunization record as well as a current insurance card.
The following is a list of upcoming immunization clinics:
• Chardon, May 8, Geauga County Health District, 470 Center St., Building 8, 3-6 p.m.
• Middlefield, May 14, St. Lucy Mission, 16280 Kinsman Road, 9-11:30 a.m.
• Middlefield, May 21, St. Lucy Mission, 16280 Kinsman Road, 9-11:30 a.m.
• Middlefield, May 15, St. Lucy Mission, 16280 Kinsman Road, 3-6 p.m.
• Newbury, May 28, Grace Evangelical Bible Church, 14951 Auburn Road, 9-11:30 a.m.
For more information, call the Geauga County General Health District at 440-279-1950.
Geauga WIC Program
The Geauga WIC Program is a nutrition education program for pregnant women and women who just had a baby, breastfeeding moms, infants and children up to age 5 years.
WIC provides nutritious foods, breastfeeding support and low cost infant car seats to those who are income eligible.
Call 440-279-1936 for details or visit www.geaugacountyhealth.org.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.