Senior Center Weekly Events
Chardon Senior Center, 12555 Ravenwood Drive, Chardon, 440-279-2130.
• VITAS and VA Benefits: Feb. 26, 12:30 p.m. Ty Pannell, a veteran liaison for VITAS Hospice and Marine Corps veteran who participated in the center’s recent Veterans Day program, will talk about the VA benefits that will help veterans preserve the prestige they earned through their service to the country.
• “Help! I’ve Fallen and I Can’t Get Up!”: Feb. 27, 12:30 p.m. A representative from Lifeline will explain its emergency alert system and how it may help keep one safe.
Middlefield Senior Center, 15820 Ridgewood Drive, Middlefield, 440-632-0611.
• Meet the Director: Feb. 26, 11:30 a.m. Meet Jessica Boalt, the newly appointed director of the Geauga County Department on Aging. Jessica will be available to answer questions.
West Geauga Senior Center, 11414 Caves Road, Chester, 440-729-2782.
• Stroke/Heart/Coumadin Support Group: Feb. 26, 11 a.m. Nurse Nina Choski from UH Geauga Stroke Institute will lead the group.
Chagrin Falls Senior Center, 7060 Woodland Ave., Bainbridge, 440-247-8510.
• Tour Rid-All Green Partnership Urban Farm with Amber: Feb. 20, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Cost is $7; lunch on own. Please register.
• National Center for Media Engagement Webinar: Feb. 24, 10:30 a.m. Discussion of the two documentaries the group recently saw. Free.
• Podiatry Day: Feb. 26. Call for appointment.
Thompson Senior Center, 8091 Plank Road, Thompson, 440-298-3822.
• Celebrating Life: Past, Present and Future: Feb. 20, 9:30 a.m. UH Geauga Medical Center will host a program on arthritis and exercise as part of a monthly initiative with the Department on Aging to provide seniors an opportunity to leave their legacies to their family. Call the center for more information.
The Bainbridge/Chagrin AARP 4527 will meet March 4 at 1 p.m. at the Bainbridge Town Hall, 17826 Chillicothe Road.
The main chapter of AARP will present a program explaining the challenges it faces with the government on Medicare and Social Security. It is fighting to help AARP members keep what they have earned and has some new ideas to share.
Refreshments will be served. The group will discuss upcoming programs.
The group is still collecting food and paper products for the Food For Friends food pantry and items for the USO.
For more information, call Betty Franek at 440-543-4767.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.