Senior Center Weekly Events
Chardon Senior Center, 12555 Ravenwood Drive, Chardon, 440-279-2130.
• Low Vision Support Group: March 10, 10 a.m.
• Soup and Celebration: March 11, 11 a.m. University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center will present a different health topic each month as part of its Celebrate Life: Past, Present and Future program. This month’s presentation will focus on the importance of healthy eating. Enjoy a delicious cup of homemade soup.
• All About Birds: March 11, 12:45 p.m. Norm Kanieski will display some of his hand sculpted birds and share information about ways to attract birds to one’s yard and protect them from predators.
• Podiatrist Appointments Call 440-279-2137 to schedule a 1 p.m. appointment on March 12 with Dr. Quercioli or Dr. Ritz on March 27.
• Home Safety: March 12, 12:30 p.m. Bob Debevits will share “the shocking truth” about electricity. Come for lunch and stay for the program.
Middlefield Senior Center, 15820 Ridgewood Drive, Middlefield, 440-632-0611.
• Diabetes Support Group: March 11, 12:30 p.m. Learn and share ideas and tips to manage diabetes. A guest speaker will present a current health topic.
West Geauga Senior Center, 11414 Caves Road, Chester, 440-729-2782.
• Nutrition Classes: March 10, 24 and 31. Learn how to lead a healthy lifestyle in an educational and fun program. Each class is different and will include guest speakers and field trips. Call the center for cost.
• Tai Chi: Thursdays, 2:153:15 p.m. Tai Chi is an alternative therapy that promotes the circulation of energy within the body in slow, gentle movements. Great for arthritis relief, It helps to align the body and strengthen balance, making every day basic tasks easier.
• Breakfast and Speaker Series: March 7. Breakfast served at 9 a.m.; cost is $3. UH Geauga nurse Julie Bogden will speak about healthy eating at 9:15 a.m., followed by an arthritis exercise class.
• Intergenerational Program: March 12, 11 a.m. St. Anselm’s fifth-graders will visit.
• Self-Defense Program: March 13. The Geauga County Sheriff’s Office will demonstrate the best way to protect seniors from others.
Chagrin Falls Senior Center, 7060 Woodland Ave., Bainbridge, 440-247-8510.
• “Shocking Truth About Electricity”: The home safety program features Bob Debevits with special guest Vince Klave of Ace Electric.
• Holly’s Hearing Tests: March 12, 10-11:30 a.m. Free. Please sign up.
• Geauga Park District: March 13, 11 a.m. Free program features Geauga County’s aquatic mammals.
Thompson Senior Center, 8091 Plank Road, Thompson, 440-298-3822.
• Chair exercises every Thursday at 9:30 a.m. Arthritis based exercise class led by a certified instructor.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.