Senior Center Events
Chardon Senior Center, 12555 Ravenwood Drive, Chardon, 440-279-2130.
• Podiatrist Appointments: March 27, 1 p.m. Call 440-279-2137 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Ritz.
• Meditation for Relaxation: March 28, 12:15-12:45 p.m. Yoga instructor Anne Ondrey will share some basic techniques for quieting the mind and finding inner peace.
Middlefield Senior Center, 15820 Ridgewood Drive, Middlefield, 440-632-0611.
• Geauga Parks: March 26, 10:30 a.m. Free program on Geauga’s amazing aquatic mammals.
• “Shocking Truth About Electricity”: March 26, 11:15 a.m. Bob Debevits from the Department on Aging along with certified electrician Vince Klave will present a free lecture on electrical safety in the home.
West Geauga Senior Center, 11414 Caves Road, Chester, 440-729-2782.
• Irish Heritage Day: March 26. Hop on the bus to St. Patrick’s Parish in Cleveland and then out to lunch at The Harp. Cost is $23. Space is limited.
Chagrin Falls Senior Center, 7060 Woodland Ave., Bainbridge, 440-247-8510.
• Celebrating Life: Past, Present and Future: March 24. UH Geauga Medical Center will present a lecture on healthy eating at any age.
Thompson Senior Center, 8091 Plank Road, Thompson, 440-298-3822.
• Celebrating Life: Past, Present and Future: March 20, 11 a.m. UH Geauga Medical Center will present a lecture on healthy eating at any age.
• Geauga Parks: March 27, 10:30 a.m. Free program on Geauga’s amazing aquatic mammals.
The Bainbridge/Chagrin AARP 4527 will meet April 1 at 1 p.m. at the Bainbridge Town Hall, 17826 Chillicothe Road.
Tom Strong will present a program on vitamins and supplements. Refreshments will be served. The group will discuss upcoming programs. For more information, call Skip Ference at 440-338-3607.
The annual spaghetti lunch is May 13. All are welcome. Reservations are required. Call Betty Scholz at 440-338-8321 by May 1.
The group is still collecting food and pa-per products for the Food For Friends food pantry and items for the USO. For more info, call Betty Franek at 440-543-4767.
Register For Munson Senior Trash Pickup
Munson Township Trustees and Munson Road Department are joining forces with the Geauga County Department on Aging for the Munson Township Senior Trash Pick-Up Days April 21-23.
To register for trash pickup, one must be 60 years of age or older, live in Munson Township and be registered with Geauga County Department of Aging. The Munson Township Road Crew and the Department on Aging will pick up refuse from the senior’s driveway and take it to the township Dumpsters.
No construction or remodeling debris, liquids, paint or other hazardous materials, rocks, yard waste, household garbage, televisions, computer monitors or small appliances with electrical components will be accepted.
Reduce wood or pipe to six-foot lengths. Mattresses must be wrapped in plastic and securely taped or they will not be taken.
Unbroken car batteries, lawn mowers and a maximum of four tires off the rim will be accepted. To dispose of a junk auto or truck, call the township at 440-286-9255
Only 10 household items per home and the trash should be from the registered senior’s household only. Items must be left by garage or driveway near residence. Consolidate all small materials in strong boxes or containers. Do not leave items by the curbside. Items should be outside by the evening of April 21.
To register, call the Department on Aging at 440-279-2130 weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The cleanup is on a first-come, first-serve basis. The number of senior residents that can be served is limited.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.