Munson Township Trustees and Munson Road Department are joining forces with the Geauga County Department on Aging for the…
Register for Munson Senior Trash Pickup
Munson Township Trustees and Munson Road Department are joining forces with the Geauga County Department on Aging for the Munson Township Senior Trash Pick-Up Days April 21-23.
To register for trash pickup, one must be 60 years of age or older, live in Munson Township and be registered with Geauga County Department of Aging. The Munson Township Road Crew and the Department on Aging will pick up refuse from the senior’s driveway and take it to the township Dumpsters.
No construction or remodeling debris, liquids, paint, or other hazardous materials, rocks, yard waste, household garbage, televisions, computer monitors or small appliances with electrical components will be accepted.
Reduce wood or pipe to six-foot lengths. Mattresses must be wrapped in plastic and securely taped or they will not be taken.
Unbroken car batteries, lawn mowers and a maximum of four tires off the rim will be accepted. To dispose of a junk auto or truck, call the township at 440-286-9255.
Residents are reminded that newspapers, magazines and cardboard are recyclable. Separate them out for recycling at a later date. Residents are also asked not to bring items that can easily be disposed of in the resident’s weekly curbside pickup.
Only 10 household items per home and the trash should be from the registered senior’s household only. Items must be left by garage or driveway near residence. Consolidate all small materials in strong boxes or containers. Do not leave items by the curbside. Items should be outside by the evening of April 20.
To register, call the Department on Aging at 440-279-2130, 440-564-7131 ext. 2130 or 440-834-1856 ext. 2130 weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The cleanup is on a first-come, first-serve basis. The number of senior residents that can be served is limited.
Senior Center Events
Chardon Senior Center, 12555 Ravenwood Drive, Chardon, 440-279-2130.
• Soup and Celebration: April 8, 11 a.m. UH Geauga Medical Center’s Celebrate Life: Past, Present and Future presentation will be “Backed Up, Running and Rumbling” on gastrointestinal health.
• VA Benefits: April 8, 12:30 p.m. Sgt. Ty Pannell III, VITAS veteran liaison, will discuss what benefits are available to veterans and their dependents.
• Podiatrist Appointments: April 9, 1 p.m. Call 440-279-2137 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Quercioli.
• Home Safety with Bob: April 10, 12:30 p.m. Bob and special guest Vince Klave, of Ace Electric, will share the “shocking” truth about electricity. Event is rescheduled from March 12.
Middlefield Senior Center, 15820 Ridgewood Drive, Middlefield, 440-632-0611.
• Diabetes Support Group: April 8, 12:30 p.m. Learn and share ideas and tips to manage diabetes. Guest speaker will present a current health topic.
• Musical Entertainment: April 9, 10:30 a.m. Hosted by Claire Besse.
• Blood Pressure: April 9, 1 p.m. Compliments of Burton Healthcare.
West Geauga Senior Center, 11414 Caves Road, Chester, 440-729-2782.
• Breakfast & Speaker Series: April 4. Breakfast served at 9 a.m. Cost is $3. UH Geauga nurse Julie Bogden will speak at 9:15 a.m. about gastrointestinal issues. Arthritis exercise class following.
• Intergenerational Program: April 9, 11 a.m. St. Anselm fourth-graders will visit.
• Lunch and Learn: April 11. The group will visit Chardon Health Care for lunch and to learn about the facility. Bus departs WGSC at 11 a.m. and will return by 1 p.m.
Chagrin Falls Senior Center, 7060 Woodland Ave., Bainbridge, 440-247-8510.
• Backed Up, Running & Rumbling: April 10, 11 a.m. UH Geauga Medical Center will present a free program on the gastrointestinal tract. Free bone density screenings will be offered from 9 a.m. to noon. Call to schedule an appointment.
Thompson Senior Center, 8091 Plank Road, Thompson, 440-298-3822.
• Site Meeting/Birthday Party: April 3, 12:30 p.m. Learn about what’s going on at the senior center. There will be a small party celebrating April birthdays after the meeting.
• Chair exercises every Thursday at 9:30 a.m. Arthritis based exercise class led by a certified instructor.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.