Senior News – November 29, 2012
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Geauga County Senior Centers Weekly Events
Chardon Senior Center, 12555 Ravenwood Drive, Chardon, 440-279-2130
• Science for Seniors Explore the mysteries of science with Nick Koelkebeck, a retired science teacher, at 10 a.m. on Wednesdays. Registration is not necessary.
Middlefield Senior Center, 15820 Ridgewood Drive, Middlefield, 440-632-0611
• Chair Exercises - Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9:30 a.m. Arthritis based exercises open to anyone.
West Geauga Senior Center, 11414 Caves Road, Chesterland, 440-729-2782
• Free Blood Pressure Screenings, Dec. 5, 11 a.m. Stop in and have blood pressure taken by Nurse Judy. This clinic is sponsored by Senior Independence.
• Podiatrist: Dr. Jacquelyn Querciolla, Dec. 5, 9:30-11 a.m. Call for an appointment
Chagrin Falls Senior Center, 7060 Woodland Ave., Bainbridge, 440-247-8510
• Geauga Park District, Nov. 29, 11 a.m.: The Land of Lakes & Legends, history of Geauga County as a resort area.
Thompson Senior Center, 8091 Plank Road, Thompson, 440-298-3822
• Hearing Checks, Nov. 29, 9 a.m. Hollyï¿½s Hearing will conduct free hearing tests and check batteries. Call the center directly for an appointment.
• Relieving Holiday Stress Through Meditation, Dec. 6, 10:30 a.m. Learn ways to help have a stress free holiday.
One in four women and one in 10 men will experience depression at some point during their lifetimes. Two-thirds of those suffering from the illness do not seek the necessary treatment, and depression can occur and complicate other medical conditions.
Depression screenings point out the presence or absence of depressive symptoms. The clinical experts will provide a referral for further evaluation if needed.
University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center staff will hold screenings:
• Dec. 3, West Geauga Senior Center, 9 a.m., 440-729-2782
• Dec. 6, Chardon Senior Center, 9 a.m., 440-279-2130
• Dec. 7, Chagrin Falls Senior Center, 9 a.m., 440-247-8510
• Dec. 11, Middlefield Senior Center, 11 a.m., 440-632-0611
Prior registration is necessary. Call the senior center directly to schedule an appointment.