Senior News – December 20, 2012
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Geauga County Senior Centers Weekly Events
Chardon Senior Center, 12555 Ravenwood Drive, Chardon, 440-279-2130
• Arthritis Foundation exercise, Dec. 27, 11 a.m. Free to all Geauga seniors
Middlefield Senior Center, 15820 Ridgewood Drive, Middlefield, 440-632-0611
• Blood pressure checks, Dec. 26, 10:30 a.m. Compliments of Burton Healthcare. No appointments necessary.
• Hospice speaker, Dec. 26, 12:30 p.m. A representative will discuss the benefits of hospice care and to inform participants when to make the call.
West Geauga Senior Center, 11414 Caves Road, Chesterland, 440-729-2782
• New Year's party, Dec. 31: The party will be held at the Chardon Senior Center; all other senior centers will be closed. Make a reservation today.
• Free exercise program, Jan. 3, 11 a.m. The Go 4 Life campaign offers specific exercises, motivational tips, success stories and materials to help older adults get ready, start exercising and keep going. The program includes a science based exercise guide and exercise DVD, and interactive website and more. All attendees at the one-hour session will receive this packet and a free gift. Anyone who completes the six-week tracking card will receive an invitation to the Go 4 Life reception during the 2013 Summer National Senior Games Celebration of Athletes at Quicken Loans Arena. Get jump started to prepare for the Shake Rattle & Run event on June 28.
Chagrin Falls Senior Center, 7060 Woodland Ave., Bainbridge, 440-247-8510
• Podiatry services by Dr. Wieland, Dec. 26: Appointments begin at 9 a.m.; please call for an appointment.
Thompson Senior Center, 8091 Plank Road, Thompson, 440-298-3822
• Chair exercises every Thursday at 9:30 a.m. Arthritis based exercise class led by a certified instructor.