Senior News Bulletin – December 6, 2012
Thursday, December 06, 2012
Holiday Volunteers Needed
The Geauga County Department on Aging is looking for Holiday Home Delivered Meal drivers that can volunteer a few minutes of their time on Christmas Day, Dec. 25.
Volunteers will collect the holiday meals and depart with them from the Department on Aging located at 12555 Ravenwood Drive in Chardon. Those who help must be 18 years of age or older and should arrive at the department at 11 a.m. Christmas Day.
The seniors who receive the meal are grateful to see a smiling face on Christmas Day.
For more information, call the Geauga County Department on Aging at 440-279-2130, 440-834-1856 ext. 2130, or 440-564-7131 ext. 2130.
Geauga County Senior Centers Weekly Events
Chardon Senior Center, 12555 Ravenwood Drive, Chardon, 440-279-2130
• Halle's on the Road, Dec. 10, 12:30 p.m.: Those who remember holiday visits to Halle's Department Store will enjoy this special program presented by Lake Metroparks.
Middlefield Senior Center, 15820 Ridgewood Drive, Middlefield, 440-632-0611
• Dec. 11, 12:30 p.m.: Diabetic support group led by University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center.
West Geauga Senior Center, 11414 Caves Road, Chesterland, 440-729-2782
• Activities for the Body: Music-Motion-Meditation, a new holiday destresser class held on Wednesdays and Fridays from 12:30-1 p.m. Come breathe, stretch and de-stress during the busy holiday time.
Chagrin Falls Senior Center, 7060 Woodland Ave., Bainbridge, 440-247-8510
• Halle's on the Road, Dec. 10, 12:30 p.m. at The Chardon Senior Center. Join Amber and have lunch there at noon and enjoy memories of shopping at Halleï¿½s and holiday visits with Mr. Jing-a-Ling.
• Veteran's Support Group, Dec. 11: Join the group for fellowship and holiday cheer and pastries. Call ahead.
Thompson Senior Center, 8091 Plank Road, Thompson, 440-298-3822
• Activities for the Mind: Depression Screening, Dec. 11, 11 a.m.: UH Geauga Medical Center will provide free, confidential screenings. Appointments required by calling the senior center.