Senior News – January 10, 2013
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Senior Center Weekly Events
Chardon Senior Center, 12555 Raven-wood Drive, Chardon, 440-279-2130
• Low Vision Support Group, Jan. 14, 10 a.m.
• Grief Support Group, Jan. 14, 12:30 p.m. In observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, the center will be closed on Jan. 21.
• Parkinson's Support Group, Jan. 15, 11 a.m.
• "Visiting: The Art of Being Present," Jan. 16, 12:45 p.m. Ever wonder what to say when visiting someone who is ill or grieving? Vicki Wood of Hospice of the Western Reserve will share ways that will make such a visit a positive and rewarding experience for everyone.
• Dare to be 100, Jan. 17, 12:30 p.m. Learn about this year's healthy lifestyles program being offered by University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center. Find out the 10 steps seniors need to take to improve their health. A new health care subject will be presented and discussed the third Thursday of each month.
Middlefield Senior Center, 15820 Ridgewood Drive, Middlefield, 440-632-0611
• Volleyball and Lunch, Jan. 18, 12 p.m. Travel to Casa Lucia for some fun chair volleyball and lunch. Donation for lunch is $5.
West Geauga Senior Center, 11414 Caves Road, Chesterland, 440-729-2782
• Floor Yoga Class, Tuesdays, 2 p.m. Instructor Barb Tercek; Chair Yoga Class, Tuesdays, 2:30 p.m. Both classes geared to senior abilities and include stretching, breathing, movement and relaxation.
Chagrin Falls Senior Center, 7060 Woodland Ave., Bainbridge, 440-247-8510
• Veterans Support Group, Jan. 15, 11 a.m.
• Emergency Pre-planning by Dale Wedge, director of emergency services, Geauga County, Jan. 17, 11 a.m.
Thompson Senior Center, 8091 Plank Road, Thompson, 440-298-3822
• Breakfast and Music, Jan. 17, 9 a.m. Celebrate the winter season with a great breakfast and musical entertainment by the Chardon Renaissance. Cost is $3 for croissant breakfast sandwiches, fruit medley, beverage and more.