Senior News – January 3, 2013
Thursday, January 03, 2013
Senior Center Weekly Events
Chardon Senior Center, 12555 Ravenwood Drive, Chardon, 440-279-2130
• Book Club, Jan. 9, 10 a.m. Call the center to learn what book will be discussed.
Middlefield Senior Center, 15820 Ridgewood Drive, Middlefield, 440-632-0611
• Diabetes Support Group, Jan. 8, 12:30 p.m. A monthly informational group meeting with speakers and presentations geared towards living life with diabetes.
• Senior Health Issues, Jan. 9, 12 p.m. Ron from Health Quest will lead an informative discussion on current senior issues.
• Exercise and the Senior Woman, Jan. 9, 12:45 p.m. Curves representative will talk about the importance of exercise in women and the Silver Sneakers program.
West Geauga Senior Center, 11414 Caves Road, Chesterland, 440-729-2782
• Arthritis Exercise Class, Wednesdays and Fridays, 10 a.m. The class is for anyone with arthritis or anyone who needs to get back into exercising.
• St. Anselm's Intergenerational Program, Jan. 9. The school children arrive at 11 a.m.
Chagrin Falls Senior Center, 7060 Woodland Ave., Bainbridge, 440-247-8510
• Chair Exercise Class, Mondays and Thursdays, 1011 a.m.; Chair Volleyball Games, Fridays, 11 a.m.; Walkers Club, every day in the gymnasium
Thompson Senior Center, 8091 Plank Road, Thompson, 440-298-3822
• Chair exercises, Thursdays, 9:30 a.m. Arthritis based exercise class led by a certified instructor.