Senior Events for November 22, 2012
Thursday, November 22, 2012
Geauga County Senior Centers Weekly Events
Chardon Senior Center, 12555 Ravenwood Drive, Chardon, 440-279-2130
• Science for Seniors Explore the mysteries of science with Nick Koelkebeck, a retired science teacher, at 10 a.m. on Wednesdays. Registration is not necessary.
Middlefield Senior Center, 15820 Ridgewood Drive, Middlefield, 440-632-0611
• Hearing Checks, Nov. 27, 9:30a.m.: Hollyï¿½s Hearing will conduct free hearing tests and check batteries. Call the center directly for an appointment.
• Geauga Parks, Nov. 28, 11 a.m.: The Land of Lakes and Legends.
West Geauga Senior Center, 11414 Caves Road, Chesterland, 440-729-2782
• Arthritis Exercise Class - Monday and Wednesday at 10 a.m.; Intermediate Class - Monday and Wednesday at 9 a.m.; Floor Exercise - Tuesday and Thursday at 9 a.m.; Strength and Weight Training - Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at 10 a.m.; Floor Yoga - Tuesday at 2 p.m.; and Chair Yoga - Tuesday at 2:30 p.m.
Chagrin Falls Senior Center, 7060 Woodland Ave., Bainbridge, 440-247-8510
• Geauga Park District, Nov. 29, 11 a.m.: The Land of Lakes & Legends, history of Geauga County as a resort area.
Thompson Senior Center, 8091 Plank Road, Thompson, 440-298-3822
• Hearing Checks, Nov. 29, 9a.m.: Hollyï¿½s Hearing will conduct free hearing tests and check batteries. Call the center directly for an appointment.
Be A Santa For A Senior
Be a Santa to a Senior, the popular campaign that in 2011 delivered more than 500 gifts to local needy seniors, is being planned again this holiday season as older adults continue to face poverty and loneliness.
The area office of the Home Instead Senior Care network, the worldï¿½s largest provider of non-medical in-home care and companionship services for older adults, is partnering With Golden Living Centers, Lake County Council on Aging, Altercare of Mentor, Care Corporation, Geauga Department on Aging, The Fairways Assisted Living, S & S Benefits to provide gifts and companionship to seniors who otherwise might not receive either.
Pick up ornaments with the first names of seniors and their gift requests from Christmas trees, which will be up at local Wal-Mart, Giant Eagle, Kemper House, Chesterland Key bank, Middlefield Cheese factory and Mentor Mall, from Nov. 19 through Dec. 5. Buy items on the list and return them unwrapped to the store along with the ornaments attached. A community gift-wrapping event will take place Dec. 12 and 13.
For information, call 440-257-5800