Senior News – December 27, 2012
Thursday, December 27, 2012
Senior Center Weekly Events
Chardon Senior Center, 12555 Ravenwood Drive, Chardon, 440-279-2130
• Science for Dummies, Jan. 3, 10 a.m. Nick Koelkebeck, a retired science teacher, will present a fun and interactive approach to science. Seniors are never too old to learn something new.
Middlefield Senior Center, 15820 Ridgewood Drive, Middlefield, 440-632-0611
• Chair exercises - Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9:30 a.m. Arthritis based exercises open to anyone.
West Geauga Senior Center, 11414 Caves Road, Chesterland, 440-729-2782
• Blood pressure screenings, Jan. 2, 11 a.m. Free blood pressure screenings by Nurse Judy. Clinic and speaker is sponsored by Senior Independence.
• Podiatry services by Dr. Jacquelyn Querciolla, Jan. 2, 9:30-11 a.m. Call for an appointment.
• Free exercise program, Jan. 3, 11 a.m. The Go 4 Life campaign offers specific exercises, motivational tips, success stories and materials to help older adults get ready, start exercising and keep going. The program includes a science based exercise guide and exercise DVD, and interactive website and more. All attendees at the one-hour session will receive this packet and a free gift. Anyone who completes the six-week tracking card will receive an invitation to the Go 4 Life reception during the 2013 Summer National Senior Games Celebration of Athletes at Quicken Loans Arena. Get jump started to prepare for the Shake Rattle & Run event on June 28.
Chagrin Falls Senior Center, 7060 Woodland Ave., Bainbridge, 440-247-8510
• Yoga With Donna every Wednesday at 11 a.m. Relax, breathe, stretch and learn new techniques.
Thompson Senior Center, 8091 Plank Road, Thompson, 440-298-3822
• Site meeting and birthday party, Jan. 3, 12:30 p.m. Learn about whatï¿½s going on at the senior center. There will be a small party celebrating January birthdays following the meeting.