Geauga United Way Youth Committee Accepting RFPs
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
The Youth Fund Distribution Committee (YFDC) of United Way Services of Geauga County is currently soliciting request for proposals from non-profit organizations that administer youth programs or services.
The YFDC is a committee of high school students who strive to solve community problems by funding youth-oriented projects in Geauga County.
Committee members establish funding priorities, review proposals, interview agencies and allocate $20,000 to agencies that will have the greatest community impact for youth.
All non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations that provide youth services within Geauga County are eligible to submit an RFP. Requests up to $5,000 will be considered. The deadline for submission is 12 p.m. Dec. 7.
YFDC priority areas identified for consideration include:
1. Caring for children and families, such as special needs camping, after-school programs, childcare, community service programs and volunteerism.
2. Education programs and services, such as preparation programs for preschool, literacy support, English as second language programs and career exploration.
3. Prevention and rehabilitation programs and services, such as family violence and substance abuse prevention and disability rehabilitation programs.
4. Critical needs, such as assisting with emergency situations and healthcare support.
5. Youth-focuserd mentoring/counseling programs and services.
6. Youth-focused recreation/arts and cultural programs.
For more information, contact Joann Randall at United Way Services of Geauga County at 440-285-2261 ext. 225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.