Senior Center Weekly Events
Chardon Senior Center, 12555 Ravenwood Drive, Chardon, 440-279-2130.
• Low Vision Support Group: Feb. 10, 10 a.m.
• The Winter Olympics: Feb. 10-21. While the Winter Olympics are taking place in Russia, seniors are invited to participate in a variety of activities at the center. Try a winter sport on the Wii, complete a sports-related word search, view the movie “Miracle,” compete in a fun bobsled race and more. An awards ceremony will be held at 12:30 p.m. Feb. 21 to recognize the top participants and award bronze, silver and gold medals.
• Soup and Celebration: Feb. 11, 11 a.m. University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center will present a different health topic each month as part of its Celebrate Life: Past, Present and Future program. This month’s presentation will focus on arthritis and the benefits of exercise. Enjoy a delicious cup of soup from Beans Coffee Shop.
• Podiatrist Appointments: Call 440-279-2137 to schedule a 1 p.m. appointment Feb. 12 with Dr. Quercioli or Feb. 27 with Dr. Ritz.
Middlefield Senior Center, 15820 Ridgewood Drive, Middlefield, 440-632-0611.
• Podiatrist: Feb. 7, 9:30 a.m. Dr. Kessinger will provide basic podiatry care. Call the center directly for an appointment.
• Diabetes Support Group: Feb. 11, 12:30 p.m. Come learn and share ideas and tips to manage diabetes. Guest speaker will present a current health topic.
West Geauga Senior Center, 11414 Caves Road, Chester, 440-729-2782.
• Breakfast and Speaker Series: Feb. 7. Breakfast served at 9 a.m. Cost is $3. UH Geauga nurse Julie Bogden will speak at 9:15 a.m. followed by an arthritis exercise class.
Chagrin Falls Senior Center, 7060 Woodland Ave., Bainbridge, 440-247-8510.
• “Soul Food Junkies”: Feb. 10, 10:30 a.m. Documentary presented in honor of Black History Month. Please sign up. Free.
Thompson Senior Center, 8091 Plank Road, Thompson, 440-298-3822.
• Chair exercises every Thursday at 9:30 a.m. Arthritis based exercise class led by a certified instructor.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.